Middle Discourses: The Middle Fifty
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 13 · Page 623
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

So I have heard. At one time the Buddha was staying near Rājagaha in the Bamboo Grove, the squirrels’ feeding ground.

Now at that time Venerable Sāriputta was wandering in the Southern Hills together with a large Saṅgha of mendicants. Then a certain mendicant who had completed the rainy season residence in Rājagaha went to the Southern Hills, where he approached Venerable Sāriputta, and exchanged greetings with him. When the greetings and polite conversation were over, he sat down to one side. Sāriputta said to him, “Reverend, I hope the Buddha is healthy and strong?” “He is, reverend.” “And I hope that the mendicant Saṅgha is healthy and strong.” “It is.” “Reverend, at the rice checkpoint at the city gate there is a brahmin named Dhanañjāni. I hope that he is healthy and strong?” “He too is well.” “But is he diligent?” “How could he possibly be diligent? Dhanañjāni robs the brahmins and householders in the name of the king, and he robs the king in the name of the brahmins and householders. His wife, a lady of faith who he married from a family of faith, has passed away. And he has taken a new wife who has no faith.” “Oh, it’s bad news to hear that Dhanañjāni is negligent. Hopefully, some time or other I’ll get to meet him, and we can have a discussion.”

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้