The Great Analysis, Part 2
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 2 · Page 450
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

‘If a monk, when legitimately corrected by the monks, says, “I won’t practice this training rule until I’ve questioned a monk who is an expert on the Monastic Law,” he commits an offense entailing confession.

A monk who is training should understand, should question, should enquire. This is the proper procedure.’”

Definitions A: whoever … Monk: … The monk who has been given the full ordination by a unanimous Sangha through a legal procedure consisting of one motion and three announcements that is irreversible and fit to stand—this sort of monk is meant in this case. By the monks: by other monks. Legitimately: the training rules laid down by the Buddha—this is called “legitimately”. When corrected in regard to this, he says, “I won’t practice this training rule until I’ve questioned a monk who’s an expert on the Monastic Law.” If he says, “I’ll question one who’s wise,” “I’ll question one who’s competent,” “I’ll question one who’s intelligent,” “I’ll question one who’s learned,” “I’ll question an expounder of the Teaching,” he commits an offense entailing confession.

Permutations If the one who corrects him is fully ordained, and he perceives him as such, and he says such a thing, he commits an offense entailing confession. If the one who corrects him is fully ordained, but he is unsure of it, and he says such a thing, he commits an offense entailing confession. If the one who corrects him is fully ordained, but he does not perceive him as such, and he says such a thing, he commits an offense entailing confession. If he is corrected about something that has not been laid down: “This isn’t conducive to self-effacement,” “This isn’t conducive to ascetic practices,” “This isn’t conducive to being inspiring,” “This isn’t conducive to a reduction in things,” “This isn’t conducive to being energetic,” and he says, “I won’t practice this training rule until I’ve questioned a monk who’s competent,” “… until I’ve questioned a monk who’s an expert on the Monastic Law,” “… until I’ve questioned a monk who’s wise,” “… until I’ve questioned a monk who’s intelligent,” “… until I’ve questioned a monk who’s learned,” “… until I’ve questioned a monk who’s an expounder of the Teaching,” he commits an offense of wrong conduct.

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้