Numbered Discourses: Fours
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 21 · Page 222
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

“Mendicants, a faithful monk would rightly aspire: ‘May I be like Sāriputta and Moggallāna!’ These are a standard and a measure for my monk disciples, that is, Sāriputta and Moggallāna.

A faithful nun would rightly aspire: ‘May I be like the nuns Khemā and Uppalavaṇṇā!’ These are a standard and a measure for my nun disciples, that is, the nuns Khemā and Uppalavaṇṇā.

A faithful layman would rightly aspire: ‘May I be like the householder Citta and Hatthaka of Āḷavī!’ These are a standard and a measure for my male lay disciples, that is, the householder Citta and Hatthaka of Āḷavī.

A faithful laywoman would rightly aspire: ‘May I be like the laywomen Khujjuttarā and Veḷukaṇṭakī, Nanda’s mother!’ These are a standard and a measure for my female lay disciples, that is, the laywomen Khujjuttarā and Veḷukaṇṭakī, Nanda’s mother.”

Numbered Discourses 4.177 18. Intention With Rāhula

Then Venerable Rāhula went up to the Buddha, bowed, and sat down to one side. The Buddha said to him:

“Rāhula, the interior earth element and the exterior earth element are just the earth element. This should be truly seen with right understanding like this: ‘This is not mine, I am not this, this is not my self.’ When you truly see with right understanding, you grow disillusioned with the earth element, detaching the mind from the earth element.

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้