Numbered Discourses: Fours
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 21 · Page 256
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

Take another individual who has dealings with someone else. They come to know: ‘This venerable deals with one person in one way. Then they deal with two, three, or many people each in the same way. They’re consistent from one deal to the next. This venerable’s dealings are pure, not impure.’ That’s why I said that you can get to know a person’s purity by dealing with them. …

‘You can get to know a person’s resilience in times of trouble. …’ That’s what I said, but why did I say it? Take someone who experiences loss of family, wealth, or health. But they don’t reflect: ‘Worldly life is like that. Incarnation is like that. That’s why the eight worldly conditions revolve around the world, and the world revolves around the eight worldly conditions: gain and loss, fame and disgrace, blame and praise, pleasure and pain.’ They sorrow and wail and lament, beating their breast and falling into confusion.

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้