Numbered Discourses: Fours
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 21 · Page 329
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

Suppose a man was to put on a black cloth and mess up his hair. Then he approaches a large crowd and says: ‘Sirs, I’ve done a bad and reprehensible deed, deserving of criticism. I submit to your pleasure.’ Then a bystander might think: ‘This man must have done a truly bad and reprehensible deed, deserving of criticism. … There’s no way I’d ever do such a bad and reprehensible deed, deserving of criticism.’ In the same way, take any monk or nun who has set up such an acute perception of peril regarding confessable offenses. It can be expected that if they haven’t committed a confessable offense they won’t, and if they committed one they will deal with it properly. These are the four perils of offenses.”

Numbered Discourses 4.245 25. Perils of Offenses The Benefits of Training

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้