Numbered Discourses: Fours
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 21 · Page 94
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

At one time the Buddha was staying near Sāvatthī in Jeta’s Grove, Anāthapiṇḍika’s monastery. Now, at that time a monk in Sāvatthī passed away due to a snake bite. Then several mendicants went up to the Buddha, bowed, sat down to one side, and said to him, “Sir, a monk in Sāvatthī has passed away due to a snake bite.”

“Mendicants, that monk mustn’t have spread a mind of love to the four royal snake families. If he had, he wouldn’t have died due to a snake bite.

What four? The royal snake families of Virūpakkha, Erāpatha, Chabyāputta, and Kaṇhāgotamaka. …

Mendicants, I urge you to spread a mind of love to the four royal snake families, for your own safety, security, and protection.

I love the Virūpakkhas, the Erāpathas I love, I love the Chabyāputtas, the Kaṇhāgotamakas I love.

I love the footless creatures, the two-footed I love, I love the four-footed, the many-footed I love.

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้