Numbered Discourses: Fours
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 21 · Page 95
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

May the footless not harm me! May I not be harmed by the two-footed! May the four-footed not harm me! May I not be harmed by the many-footed!

All sentient beings, all living things, all creatures, every one: may they see only nice things, may bad not come to anyone.

The Buddha is immeasurable, the teaching is immeasurable, the Saṅgha is immeasurable. But limited are reptiles,

snakes and scorpions, centipedes, spiders and lizards and mice. I’ve made this safeguard, I’ve made this protection: go away, creatures! And so I revere the Blessed One, I revere the seven perfectly awakened Buddhas.”

Numbered Discourses 4.68 7. Fitting Deeds Devadatta

At one time the Buddha was staying near Rājagaha, on the Vulture’s Peak Mountain, not long after Devadatta had left. There the Buddha spoke to the mendicants about Devadatta: “Possessions, honor, and popularity came to Devadatta for his own ruin and downfall.

It’s like a banana plant …

or a bamboo …

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้