Numbered Discourses: Fives, Sixes
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 22 · Page 173
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

They think: ‘I am a person of faith; I have faith in the Realized One’s awakening … Why shouldn’t I aspire to end the defilements? I’m rarely ill or unwell. My stomach digests well, being neither too hot nor too cold, but just right, and fit for meditation. Why shouldn’t I aspire to end the defilements? I’m not devious or deceitful. I reveal myself honestly to the Teacher or sensible spiritual companions. Why shouldn’t I aspire to end the defilements? I live with energy roused up for giving up unskillful qualities and embracing skillful qualities. I’m strong, staunchly vigorous, not slacking off when it comes to developing skillful qualities. Why shouldn’t I aspire to end the defilements? I’m wise. I have the wisdom of arising and passing away which is noble, penetrative, and leads to the complete ending of suffering. Why shouldn’t I aspire to end the defilements?’

A mendicant with these five qualities aspires to end the defilements.”

Numbered Discourses 5.136 14. Kings Aspiration (2nd)

“Mendicants, an anointed aristocratic king’s eldest son with five factors aspires to become a viceroy. What five?

It’s when an anointed aristocratic king’s eldest son is well born on both his mother’s and father’s side, stemming from a clean vessel, with irrefutable and impeccable genealogy back to the seventh paternal generation.

He is attractive, good-looking, lovely, of surpassing beauty.

He is dear and beloved to his parents.

He is dear and beloved to the armed forces.

He is astute, competent, and intelligent, able to think issues through as they bear upon the past, future, and present.

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้