Numbered Discourses: Fives, Sixes
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 22 · Page 455
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

“In the same way, when I’ve comprehended the mind of an individual, I understand … ‘This individual has not even a fraction of a hair’s tip of goodness. They have absolutely dark, unskillful qualities. When their body breaks up, after death, they will be reborn in a place of loss, a bad place, the underworld, hell.’ …”

When he said this, Venerable Ānanda said to the Buddha, “Sir, can you describe three other individuals who share a portion of these three?”

“I can, Ānanda,” said the Buddha. “Ānanda, when I’ve comprehended the mind of an individual, I understand: ‘Both skillful and unskillful qualities are found in this individual.’ After some time I encompass their mind and understand: ‘The skillful qualities of this individual have vanished, but the unskillful qualities are still present. Nevertheless, their skillful root is unbroken, but it’s about to be totally destroyed. So this individual is still liable to decline in the future.’ Suppose there were some burning coals, blazing and glowing, placed on a broad rock. Wouldn’t you know that those coals would not grow, increase, and spread?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Or suppose it’s the late afternoon and the sun was going down. Wouldn’t you know that the light was about to vanish and darkness appear?”

“Yes, sir.”

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้