Numbered Discourses: Sevens, Eights, Nines
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 23 · Page 356
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

Take a mendicant living within a village who I see sitting immersed in samādhi. I think to myself: ‘Now a monastery worker, a novice, or a fellow practitioner will make this venerable fall from immersion.’ So I’m not pleased that that mendicant is living within a village.

Take a mendicant in the wilderness who I see sitting nodding in meditation. I think to myself: ‘Now this venerable, having dispelled that sleepiness and weariness, will focus just on the unified perception of wilderness.’ So I’m pleased that that mendicant is living in the wilderness.

Take a mendicant in the wilderness who I see sitting without being immersed in samādhi. I think to myself: ‘Now if this venerable’s mind is not immersed in samādhi they will immerse it; or if it is immersed in samādhi, they will preserve it.’ So I’m pleased that that mendicant is living in the wilderness.

Take a mendicant in the wilderness who I see sitting immersed in samādhi. I think to myself: ‘Now this venerable will free the unfreed mind or preserve the freed mind.’ So I’m pleased that that mendicant is living in the wilderness.

Take a mendicant who I see living within a village receiving robes, almsfood, lodgings, and medicines and supplies for the sick. Enjoying possessions, honor, and popularity they neglect retreat, and they neglect remote lodgings in the wilderness and the forest. They come down to villages, towns, and capital cities and make their home there. So I’m not pleased that that mendicant is living within a village.

Take a mendicant who I see in the wilderness receiving robes, almsfood, lodgings, and medicines and supplies for the sick. Fending off possessions, honor, and popularity they don’t neglect retreat, and they don’t neglect remote lodgings in the wilderness and the forest. So I’m pleased that that mendicant is living in the wilderness.

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้