Minor Texts: Vimānavatthu, Petavatthu, Verses of the Senior Monks and Nuns
英文译本 · 卷 26 · 页 320
登录后可添加书签

Those defilements that were found in me, internally and externally, are all cut off without remainder, and will not arise again.

My self-assured sister said this to me: ‘Now neither you nor I have any snarls.’

Suffering is at an end; this bag of bones is my last in the transmigration through births and deaths; now there’ll be no more future lives.”

Verses of the Senior Monks 5.6 The Book of the Fives Chapter One Nadīkassapa

It was truly for my benefit that the Buddha went to the Nerañjara River. When I heard his teaching, I shunned wrong view.

I used to perform a diverse spectrum of sacrifices; I served the sacred flame, imagining, “This is purity.” I was a blind, ordinary person.

Caught in the thicket of wrong view, deluded by misapprehension. Thinking impurity was purity, I was blind and ignorant.

I’ve abandoned wrong view; all rebirths are shattered. I serve the fire for those <j>worthy of a religious donation: I bow to the Realized One.

I’ve given up all delusion; craving for continued existence is shattered; transmigration through births is finished; now there’ll be no more future lives.

Verses of the Senior Monks 5.7 The Book of the Fives Chapter One Gayākassapa

Three times a day—morning, midday, and evening—I plunged into the water at Gayā for the Gayā spring festival.

登录后阅读此页面可获得 20 功德积分