The Great Analysis, Part 1
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 1 · Page 141
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

If a monk tells another monk, “Kill so-and-so,” he commits an offense of wrong conduct. He then regrets it, but does not say, “Don’t kill them.” If the other monk then kills that person, there is an offense entailing expulsion for both. If a monk tells another monk, “Kill so-and-so,” he commits an offense of wrong conduct. He then regrets it and says, “Don’t kill them.” If the other monk replies, “I’ve been told by you to do so,” and then kills that person, there is no offense for the instigator, but there is an offense entailing expulsion for the murderer. If a monk tells another monk, “Kill so-and-so,” he commits an offense of wrong conduct. He then regrets it and says, “Don’t kill them.” If the other monk replies, “Fine,” and desists, there is no offense for either.

Not in private, but perceiving it as private: if he says aloud, “I wish so-and-so was killed,” he commits an offense of wrong conduct. In private, but perceiving it as not private: if he says aloud, “I wish so-and-so was killed,” he commits an offense of wrong conduct. Not in private, and perceiving it as not private: if he says aloud, “I wish so-and-so was killed,” he commits an offense of wrong conduct. In private, and perceiving it as private: if he says aloud, “I wish so-and-so was killed,” he commits an offense of wrong conduct.

He praises by means of the body: if a monk makes a gesture with the body, indicating, “Whoever dies thus, receives wealth,” or, “Whoever dies thus, becomes famous,” or, “Whoever dies thus, goes to heaven,” he commits an offense of wrong conduct. If, because of that praise, the target person thinks, “I shall die,” and they do something painful, the monk commits a serious offense. If the person dies, the monk commits an offense entailing expulsion.

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้