The Great Analysis, Part 1
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 1 · Page 168
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

At that time the monks who had completed the rains residence in that region were thin, haggard, and pale, with veins protruding all over their bodies. Yet the monks from the banks of the Vaggumudā had a good color, bright faces, clear skin, and sharp senses. Since it is the custom for Buddhas to greet newly-arrived monks, the Buddha said to them, “I hope you’re keeping well, monks, I hope you’re getting by? I hope you had a comfortable and harmonious rains, and got almsfood without trouble?” “We’re keeping well, sir, we’re getting by. We had a comfortable and harmonious rains, and got almsfood without trouble.” When Buddhas know what is going on, sometimes they ask and sometimes not. They know the right time to ask and when not to ask. Buddhas ask when it is beneficial, otherwise they do not, for Buddhas are incapable of doing what is unbeneficial. Buddhas question the monks for two reasons: to give a teaching or to lay down a training rule.

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้