The Great Analysis, Part 1
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 1 · Page 26
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

Soon afterwards, the Vajjians were short of food and afflicted with hunger, with crops affected by whiteheads and turned to straw. It was not easy to get by on almsfood. Sudinna considered this and thought, “I have many wealthy relatives in Vesālī. Why don’t I get them to support me? My relatives will be able to make offerings and merit, the monks will get material support, and I’ll have no trouble getting almsfood.” He then put his dwelling in order, took his bowl and robe, and set out for Vesālī. When he eventually arrived, he stayed in the house with the peaked roof in the Great Wood. His relatives heard that he had arrived in Vesālī, and they presented him with an offering of sixty servings of food. Sudinna gave the sixty servings to the monks. He then took his bowl and robe and went to the village of Kalanda for alms. As he was going on continuous almsround, he came to his own father’s house.

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้