The Great Analysis, Part 1
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 1 · Page 297
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

Udāyī agreed. Soon afterwards he went to that courtesan and said, “Why didn’t you give them your daughter?” “I don’t know who they are, sir, and I won’t give my only daughter to be taken to another village.” “Please give her to them. I know them.” “If you know them, I’ll give her away.”

She then gave her daughter to those Ājīvaka followers, and they took her away. For a month they treated her like a daughter-in-law, but then like a slave. The girl sent a message to her mother, saying, “Mom, I’m unhappy and miserable. For a month they treated me like a daughter-in-law, but then like a slave. Come, mom, and take me home.” Soon afterwards the courtesan went to those Ājīvakas and said, “Please don’t treat my girl like a slave; treat her properly!” They replied, “We deal with the monastic, not with you. Go away! We don’t want anything to do with you.” Being dismissed, she returned to Sāvatthī.

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้