The Great Analysis, Part 1
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 1 · Page 300
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

The monks heard that some women were criticizing him whereas others were wishing him well. And the monks of few desires complained and criticized him, “How can Venerable Udāyī act as a matchmaker?” They told the Buddha. The Buddha had the Sangha gathered and questioned Udāyī: “Is it true, Udāyī, that you do this?” “It’s true, sir.” The Buddha rebuked him … “Foolish man, how can you do this? This will affect people’s confidence …” … “And, monks, this training rule should be recited like this:

Preliminary ruling ‘If a monk acts as a matchmaker, conveying a man’s intention to a woman or a woman’s intention to a man, for marriage or for an affair, he commits an offense entailing suspension.’”

In this way the Buddha laid down this training rule for the monks.

Second substory Soon afterwards a number of scoundrels who were enjoying themselves in a park sent a messenger to a sex worker, saying, “Please come, let’s enjoy ourselves in the park.” She replied, “Sirs, I don’t know who you are. I’m wealthy. I don’t want to go outside the city.”

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้