The Great Analysis, Part 1
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 1 · Page 367
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

At one time when the Buddha was staying at Rājagaha in the Bamboo Grove, Venerable Dabba the Mallian realized perfection at the age of seven. He had achieved all there is to achieve by a disciple and had nothing further to do. Then, while reflecting in private, he thought, “How can I be of service to the Sangha? Why don’t I assign the dwellings and designate the meals?”

In the evening Dabba came out of seclusion and went to the Buddha. He bowed, sat down, and said, “Sir, while I was reflecting in private, it occurred to me that I’ve achieved all there is to achieve by a disciple, and I was wondering how I could be of service to the Sangha. I thought, ‘Why don’t I assign the dwellings and designate the meals?’” “Good, good, Dabba, please do so.” “Yes, sir.”

Soon afterwards the Buddha gave a teaching and addressed the monks: “Monks, the Sangha should appoint Dabba the Mallian as the assigner of dwellings and the designator of meals. And he should be appointed like this. First Dabba should be asked. A competent and capable monk should then inform the Sangha: ‘Please, venerables, I ask the Sangha to listen. If the Sangha is ready, it should appoint Venerable Dabba the Mallian as the assigner of dwellings and the designator of meals. This is the motion. Please, venerables, I ask the Sangha to listen. The Sangha appoints Venerable Dabba the Mallian as the assigner of dwellings and the designator of meals. Any monk who approves of appointing Venerable Dabba as the assigner of dwellings and the designator of meals should remain silent. Any monk who doesn’t approve should speak up.

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้