Displeased: because of that upset, that ill will, that dissatisfaction, and that discontent, he is displeased. Groundlessly: not seen, not heard, not suspected. With an offense entailing expulsion: with one of the four. Charges: accuses him or has him accused. To make him leave the monastic life: to make him leave the monkhood, leave the state of a monastic, leave his morality, leave the virtue of monasticism. And then after some time: the moment, the instant, the second after he has laid the charge. He is questioned: he is questioned about the grounds of his charge. Not: he is not spoken to by anyone. The legal issue: there are four kinds of legal issues: legal issues arising from disputes, legal issues arising from accusations, legal issues arising from offenses, legal issues arising from business. And he admits to his ill will: “What I said was empty,” “What I said was false,” “What I said was unreal,” “I said it without knowing.” He commits an offense entailing suspension: … Therefore, too, it is called an offense entailing suspension.
Permutations Permutations part 1 Doing the accusing oneself
Although he has not seen it, he accuses someone of having committed an offense entailing expulsion: “I’ve seen that you’ve committed an offense entailing expulsion. You’re not an ascetic, not a Sakyan monastic. You’re excluded from the observance-day ceremony, from the invitation ceremony, and from the legal procedures of the Sangha.” For each statement, he commits an offense entailing suspension.