Numbered Discourses: Ones, Twos, Threes
英文译本 · 卷 20 · 页 10
登录后可添加书签

“Mendicants, when I’ve comprehended the mind of an individual whose mind is corrupted, I understand: ‘If this individual were to die right now, they would be placed in hell as if delivered there.’ Why is that? Because their mind is corrupted. Corruption of mind is the reason why some sentient beings, when their body breaks up, after death, are reborn in a place of loss, a bad place, the underworld, hell.” 44 “Mendicants, when I’ve comprehended the mind of an individual whose mind is pure, I understand: ‘If this individual were to die right now, they would be placed in heaven as if delivered there.’ Why is that? Because their mind is pure. Purity of mind is the reason why some sentient beings, when their body breaks up, after death, are reborn in a good place, a heavenly realm.” 45 “Suppose, mendicants, there was a lake that was cloudy, murky, and muddy. A person with clear eyes standing on the bank would not see the clams and mussels, pebbles and gravel, and schools of fish swimming about or staying still. Why is that? Because the water is clouded. In the same way, that a mendicant whose mind is clouded would know what’s for their own good, the good of another, or the good of both; or that they would realize any superhuman distinction in knowledge and vision worthy of the noble ones: this is quite impossible. Why is that? Because their mind is clouded.” 46

登录后阅读此页面可获得 20 功德积分