Numbered Discourses: Fours
ฉบับแปลอังกฤษ · Volume 21 · Page 289
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อคั่นหน้า

The Buddha said this: “Mendicants, I will teach you about craving—the weaver, the migrant, the creeping, the clinging. This world is choked by it, enveloped by it. It makes the world tangled like yarn, knotted like a ball of thread, and matted like rushes and reeds, not escaping the places of loss, the bad places, the underworld, transmigration. Listen and apply your mind well, I will speak.” “Yes, sir,” they replied. The Buddha said this:

“And what is that craving …? There are eighteen currents of craving that derive from the interior, and eighteen that derive from the exterior.

What are the eighteen currents of craving that derive from the interior? When there is the concept ‘I am’, there are the concepts ‘I am such’, ‘I am thus’, ‘I am otherwise’; ‘I am fleeting’, ‘I am lasting’; ‘mine’, ‘such is mine’, ‘thus is mine’, ‘otherwise is mine’; ‘also mine’, ‘such is also mine’, ‘thus is also mine’, ‘otherwise is also mine’; ‘I will be’, ‘I will be such’, ‘I will be thus’, ‘I will be otherwise’. These are the eighteen currents of craving that derive from the interior.

เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อรับ ๒๐ แต้มบุญจากการอ่านหน้านี้