The appointed monks should go and inspect the site for the hut to find out if any harm will be done and if it has space on all sides. If harm will be done or it lacks space on all sides, they should say, ‘Don’t build here.’ If no harm will be done and it has space on all sides, they should inform the Sangha: ‘No harm will be done and it has space on all sides.’ The monk who wants to build the hut should then approach the Sangha, arrange his upper robe over one shoulder, pay respect at the feet of the senior monks, squat on his heels, raise his joined palms, and say: ‘Venerables, I want to build a hut by means of begging, without a sponsoring owner and intended for myself. I request the Sangha to approve the site for the hut.’ He should make his request a second and a third time. A competent and capable monk should then inform the Sangha: ‘Please, venerables, I ask the Sangha to listen. Monk so-and-so wants to build a hut by means of begging, without a sponsoring owner and intended for himself. He is requesting the Sangha to approve the site for that hut. If the Sangha is ready, it should approve the site for the hut of monk so-and-so. This is the motion. Please, venerables, I ask the Sangha to listen. Monk so-and-so wants to build a hut by means of begging, without a sponsoring owner and intended for himself. He is requesting the Sangha to approve the site for that hut. The Sangha approves the site for the hut of monk so-and-so. Any monk who approves of approving the site for the hut of monk so-and-so should remain silent. Any monk who doesn’t approve should speak up. The Sangha has approved the site for the hut of monk so-and-so. The Sangha approves and is therefore silent. I will remember it thus.’”