The pretext of dwelling: a monk sees one who dwells in such-and-such a dwelling committing an offense entailing expulsion. If he then accuses someone else who dwells in that dwelling, saying, “I’ve seen one who dwells in such-and-such a dwelling. You’ve committed an offense entailing expulsion. You’re not an ascetic, not a Sakyan monastic. You’re excluded from the observance-day ceremony, from the invitation ceremony, and from the legal procedures of the Sangha,” he commits an offense entailing suspension for each statement.
With an offense entailing expulsion: with one of the four. To charge: accuses him or has him accused. To make him leave the monastic life: to make him leave the monkhood, leave the state of a monastic, leave his morality, leave the virtue of monasticism. And then after some time: the moment, the instant, the second after he has laid the charge. He is questioned: he is questioned about the grounds of his charge. Not: he is not spoken to by anyone. The legal issue: there are four kinds of legal issues: legal issues arising from disputes, legal issues arising from accusations, legal issues arising from offenses, legal issues arising from business. Was used as a pretext: he has used a certain pretext among those listed above. And he admits to his ill will: “What I said was empty,” “What I said was false,” “What I said was unreal,” “I said it without knowing.”