“As I was coming down from the Vulture Peak, I saw a morsel of flesh flying through the air. Vultures, crows, and hawks were pursuing it, tearing at it and pulling it to pieces, while it uttered cries of distress. …” … “… That being, monks, was a poultry butcher right here in Rājagaha. …” “As I was coming down from the Vulture Peak, I saw a flayed man flying through the air. Vultures, crows, and hawks were pursuing him, tearing at him and pulling him to pieces, while he uttered cries of distress. …” … “… That being, monks, was a sheep butcher right here in Rājagaha. …” “As I was coming down from the Vulture Peak, I saw a man with swords for body hairs flying through the air. Again and again he was stabbed by those swords, while uttering cries of distress. …” … “… That being, monks, was a pig butcher right here in Rājagaha. …” “As I was coming down from the Vulture Peak, I saw a man with knives for body hairs flying through the air. Again and again he was stabbed by those knives, while uttering cries of distress. …” … “… That being, monks, was a deer hunter right here in Rājagaha. …” “As I was coming down from the Vulture Peak, I saw a man with arrows for body hairs flying through the air. Again and again he was pierced by those arrows, while uttering cries of distress. …” … “… That being, monks, was a torturer right here in Rājagaha. …”