Or again, dissatisfied, discontent, desiring to give up the monastic life; troubled, ashamed, and disgusted with the monkhood; longing to be a householder … longing to be a non-monastic, he says and declares: ‘I have a mother; she’ll support me.’ … ‘I have a father; he’ll support me.’ … ‘I have a brother; he’ll support me.’ … ‘I have a sister; she’ll support me.’ … ‘I have a son; he’ll support me.’ … ‘I have a daughter; she’ll support me.’ … ‘I have a wife; she’ll support me.’ … ‘I have relations; they’ll support me.’ … ‘I have friends; they’ll support me.’ … ‘I have a village; I’ll live by means of it.’ … ‘I have a town; I’ll live by means of it.’ … ‘I have fields; I’ll live by means of them.’ … ‘I have land; I’ll live by means of it.’ … ‘I have money; I’ll live by means of it.’ … ‘I have gold; I’ll live by means of it.’ … he says and declares: ‘I have a profession; I’ll live by means of it.’ In this way too, monks, there’s a revealing of weakness without the training being renounced.